Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 7 - lighting the way

Spent some of today experimenting around with the art a bit.

- Made a much bigger level and locked the camera to the player
- Turned the perspective camera back on so you can see the walls a bit
- Added dynamic lights to the ship and every bullet (My thought is each ship will have a different color, and cast a light of that color)
-- My engine only supports point lights currently. I'll have to implement spotlights as I'd like to see what it looks like with a spotlight only in the direction the ship is traveling
- Got rid of the ugly brown :) made the level geometry pure white

I also set the background father back in the world so you get some parallax effect with it in the background. I definitely want to put a few more layers in between there with stuff so you get more parallax.

This is pretty minimalistic art aside from the background effect, which I expect I'll iterate on some time. This is feeling a bit better to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment