Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8 - meet stompy

I've decided to take a new direction with the game. It's no longer multiplayer since I'm not going to have the time to work with other people to iterate on the balancing.

I'm also not interested in tackling AI for my first month project, so I'm not intending to have enemies roam the map and hunt you down.

Instead, meet Stompy. He's not as harmful as he looks (yet!)



On the tech side, last night I implemented spotlights. I had an idea for doing really simple realtime indirect lighting, but I decided because the camera is top-down and there is no floor in the level, it might not be that noticeable. I might still try it if time permits.

Also, I added a way for GameObject components to have a GameObject* member, and specify an object name from the level in the editor, and at run time the pointer would get filled in if the name is valid. It doesn't clear this pointer if the object goes away just yet, so care must be used!

I suspect progress to slow down a bit as I'm done with Christmas vacation and back at work, coding all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment